An individual approach to protecting your practice’s financial security.
Each day professionals need to make decisions and some of these may be questioned, perhaps as much as years afterward. Professional Liability allows whole the practice team to do their jobs without always looking over their shoulders.
Professional liability insurance covers claims that are actually made while the policy is in force, even if the error causing it happened years ago. So it should be kept up to date; otherwise there’s no protection against the undiscovered consequences of work done in the past.
We insure a broad range of professional activities and recognise that the areas of risk or grounds for complaint are often quite different between them. That’s why our policies are designed around the real needs of particular classes of professional – and from individual contractors to large firms.
We have a proven track record of defending allegations against professionals. Our claims teams are Professional Liability specialists and understand the value of a rapid response, the sensitivity of commercial relationships and the importance of mounting the strongest possible defence.
As noted, AIG offers solutions designed around professional classes and business size:
Cover is given for unlawful acts, real or alleged, committed in the exercise of their profession, including:
• Negligence, errors / omissions that generate property damage, giving rise to claims for third party damage
• Third-party business interruption (eg interruption of services and consequent property damage to third parties.)
• Insults, defamation and violation of privacy
• Infringement of intellectual property, copy-right and trademarks (excluding patents)
• Infringement of copyright and trademarks
• Consequences arising from loss, destruction or deterioration of documents
• Allowance presence in legal proceedings